AI based secretions and oral hygiene management device
VAPCare: AI based secretions and oral hygiene management device
Ventilator Associated Pneumonia: A Problem
Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia (VAP) is the leading nosocomial cause of mortality in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). The occurrence happens after 48 hours after endotracheal intubation of patients. As a result, mortality rates are 15-50% higher in patients with VAP.
“Aspiration of colonized pathogenic microorganisms on the oropharynx and gastrointestinal tract is the main route for the development of VAP”
This is a global problem faced by both developed and developing countries.
VAPCare reduces chances of acquiring VAP by following key functions:
1. Artificial Intelligence and sensor-based secretion management from 3 locations: Oral, Oropharyngeal, and Subglottic regions.
2. Independent suction pressure control in each line
3. Automatic detection and management of port block
4. Automatic regular mouthwash and lavage
5. Compatible with all ET Tubes