Automatic Neonatal DBS Puncher
Main MenuThe main menu allows entry to software modules.Access to each module is controlled using Supervisor and User level passwords.Test Editor ModuleUsed to define and program individual tests.Set punch sizes number of disks and filling orderfor individual plates.Allows individual definition of each well for sample test or standard.Set cleaning strikes.Up to 10 disks per well can be specified.Distribution ModuleUsed to run punching tests defined in the test editor.Displays the current punching pattern and progress.Shows instrument status messages for routine operation.Configuration ModuleUsed to view and change the instrument configuration preferences and options.Change settings and calibrate the instrument during installation.Supervisor access level is required.
1. Precision Punch and DieGauge manufactured tool steel components.A range of single and dual punch combinations is available for compatibility with laboratory procedures and processes.
2. Dust Extraction SystemVacuums away paper dust from the punch site to a disposable filter reducing the potential of instrument and sample contamination.
3. AutotriggerEliminates the need for handfoot switches.Automatically detects the presence of a sample card and punches after a preset time delay
4. Integrated Barcode readerEnables positive identification and traceability of plates samples controls and standards.Allows for traceability at all levels of the punching process delivering unique identification information.
5. Quick release Punch and Die Set (mark 4)Allows for quick and easy removal of the punch by laboratory operator either to change punch size or for cleaning purposes.Minimizes downtime for laboratories.
6. Disk Detector SystemRecognizes if a disk has not passed into the receiving well and automatically responds.5 Beam design for high detection reliability.
7. Air Humidication SystemEnsures the punched disk is delivered to the correct receiving well for downstream processing and reduces the chances of well jumping.
8. Dedicated Cleaning receptacleA dedicated cleaning receptacle is provided to minimize crosscontamination issues.
Plate CapacityTwo Plates 96 well standard or deep well typePCR plate or 96 tube adaptor for screw top tubes.Cleaning (waste) ContainerYesPunch SystemSingle One Punch SizeStandard Punch Sizes Available1.0 1.2 1.5 2.0 3.0 3.2 3.8 4.0 4.7 or 6.0mmQuick Release Punch and Die (Mark 4)YesMultiple Pattern PunchingNoLight Targeting SystemNoDisk Detection System5 BeamIntegrated Barcode ReaderYesAir Humidication SystemYesDust Extraction SystemOptionalFoot or Hand Punch ActivationYesAuto Trigger Punch ActivationOptionalComputer InterfaceYesPhysical Dimensions (mm)W 575 D 600 H 500Power SupplyExternal 110240V Power Pack