The Zeiss CIRRUS HD-OCT models 5000 and 500 are specifically designed to deliver a carefully constructed set of sophisticated applications that build upon one another to deliver rapidly-evolving diagnostics for multiple patient populations. CIRRUS HD-OCT 5000 is the clinical powerhouse with FastTrac™ and sophisticated analyses for the busy advanced care practice. CIRRUS HD-OCT 500 is the essential OCT with the technology to power today’s comprehensive practice.
CIRRUS captures a highly dense cube over a 6 x 6 mm region – the data is used for both visualization and analysis. How this helps you:
- Spot small areas of pathology. Tightly spaced B-scans, either 30 or 47 μm apart, in the cube ensure that small areas of pathology are imaged. For reference, a human hair is about 40-120 μm in diameter.
- Visualize the fovea. Scans that are spaced further apart than in the CIRRUS cube may miss the central fovea.
- Fuel for analysis. Millions of data points from the cube are fed into the Zeiss proprietary algorithms for accurate segmentation, reproducible measurements and registration for change analysis.
- Take the pressure off the operator. As long as the scan is roughly placed about the fovea or optic nerve, the software automatically centers the measurements after the capture.
- See the tissue from different perspectives. View the cube data from all angles, with 3D rendering, OCT fundus images and Advanced Visualization™.
- Future ready. Previously captured CIRRUS cubes can be analysed using new analyses.
- Great Images & Dense Data Cubes: Brilliant, detail-rich B-scans plus the power of the CIRRUS cube let you visualize and quantitate pathology without extra scans.
CIRRUS for Retinal Disease
With the new FastTrac retinal tracking system, precise macular thickness analyses, Fovea Finder™, detailed layer maps and more than 100 B-scans at your disposal, CIRRUS provides the framework to comprehensively assess your patient’s retinal condition. CIRRUS data cubes are registered with data from prior visits after the scan is acquired.
This enables side-by-side visualization of the same location on the retina for each visit. CIRRUS compares measurements from the current and prior visits to provide a thickness change map that helps you determine next steps for your patient. 3-D cubes and Advanced Visualization™ can be used for pre-operative planning for VRI disorders. For dry AMD, CIRRUS helps you monitor pre-conversion patients today and prepare for tomorrow’s dry AMD therapy.
CIRRUS for Glaucoma
No other company offers a more complete suite of integrated glaucoma diagnostics. CIRRUS is the HFA’s perfect companion for glaucoma management. Today’s CIRRUS glaucoma applications include RNFL, ONH and angle assessment as well as the new Ganglion Cell Analysis (GCA). When ONH and RNFL status are indeterminate, GCA can sharpen the picture. With CIRRUS angle imaging and central corneal thickness measurements, you have the world’s standard-setting comprehensive tool for glaucoma structural assessment. Guided Progression Analysis™ (GPA) provides a powerful tool for determining change for RNFL and optic nerve head parameters. The Power of the Cube (Source: Zeiss.com)