SMITH & NEPHEW ALLEVYN ADHESIVE FOAM DRESSING (12.5 cms X 12.5 cms)
The Smith & Nephew Allevyn Adhesive Foam Dressing is a triple layer dressing that has a highly absorbent hydro-cellular foam pad in between an adhesive wound contact layer and a permeable outer film.
- The top film is made from polyurethane and the breathability enhances with exudates. The film also serves as a barrier to exogenous (external) bacteria
- The foam core has absorption capacity for up to 7 days
- The wound contact layer has a low allergy based adhesive which adheres to the skin but does not stick to the wound
- The combination of the triple layer ensures that there is sufficient moisture in the wound healing environment
- The dressing conforms to the contours of the body making it comfortable for the patient
- A sacral size is also available which combines high absorbency and self adhesion with an anatomical shape
- INDICATED APPLICATION
- Shallow and granulating wounds
- Chronic and acute wounds with high exudate
- Ulcers, leg ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers
- Infected, fungating and malignant wounds
- Surgical wounds and donor sites
- 1st and 2nd degree burns
- HOW TO USE
Cleanse the wound properly and select appropriate dressing size. Then clean the skin surrounding the wound area and remove excess moisture. Use skin prep wipes prior to application of ALLEVYN Adhesive where fragile skin is involved. Remove one of the protector films and anchor the adhesive side of the dressing to the skin.
Remove the remaining protector film and smooth the dressing over the remainder of the wound without stretching, ensuring there are no creases. The pad area of the dressing must be adhered across the entire surface of the wound. ALLEVYN Adhesive can be cut to dress wounds on the heel, elbows and other awkward areas. Always use a clean technique when cutting the dressing. If the dressing has been cut ensure any exposed foam areas are covered with an appropriate film dressing taking care not to cover the entire dressing.
- 12.5cm X 12.5cm, Single dressing
- 7.5cm X 17.5cm, Pack of 10 dressings
- 22.5cm X 22.5cm, Pack of 10 dressings
- 17cm X 17cm – Sacrum Bandage for the sacral area (lower back), Pack of 10 dressings