Brand Name: Akrosorb.
Akron Healthcare has excelled in the field of manufacturing and developing CO2 Absorbent Akrosorb Soda Lime as per different standards. A unique CO2 Absorbent, Akrosorb Soda Lime has proved itself better than the classical and various other CO2 Absorbents present in the market. This success has been achieved after extensive R&D and Market Analysis on Soda Lime for 30 years.
What is Akrosorb:
- Akrosorb Soda lime is a Carbon Dioxide absorbent used for removal of CO2 mainly from breathable gases, in Medical, Military,Diving,Submarine,Mining and Safety applications.
- Akrosorb Soda Lime is a versatile CO2 absorbent for removal of carbon dioxide and other acidic contaminants from gas streams. Akrosorb Soda Lime is an active compound of mixture of hydroxides. This active compound is formed by mixing Calcium and Sodium Hydroxides that has high affinity for Carbon Dioxide. It is supplied as hard, porous, irregularly shaped granules or uniform shaped granules (as per customer specifications). These granules have been processed to maximize CO2 Absorption and minimize dust formation.
- State of art manufacturing process used for Akrosorb Soda Lime ensures that dust formation is minimized and no blockage of canister mesh or circuit piping takes place.
- Akrosorb Soda Lime ensures best performance by minimizing hindrance to flow of gases.
- No problem of dust contamination arises to the user and equipment,
- Akrosorb Soda Lime removes CO2 from breathable gases in: MEDICAL, MILITARY SUBMARINE, DIVING, MINING, SAFETY & RESCUE APPLICATIONS.
- Akrosorb Soda Lime is used to absorb expired CO2 during Anesthesia (in operation theatres).
- Akrosorb Soda Lime is used for removing Carbon Dioxide from oxygen-based metabolism, in estimation respirators, breathing apparatus, diving rebreathers.
- Akrosorb Soda Lime removes CO2 from manned closed atmospheres, such as submarine, and closed circuit breathing apparatus, such as rebreathers.
- Akrosorb Soda Lime is extensively used in navies, for use by divers in submarines.
- Akrosorb Soda Lime has its major applications in breathable gas applications where CO2 levels need to be controlled, for example in medical anesthetic breathing circuits, mines, commercial and leisure diving rebreathers, or in submarines.
- In these applications, the breathable air is recirculated for re-use and therefore any exhaled carbon dioxide needs to be removed in order to prevent a build-up of carbon dioxide to toxic levels.
- Akrosorb Soda Lime granules are hard enough to ensure that they do not break down under high humidity conditions and remain in perfect condition to use without any degradation.
- Akrosorb Soda Lime is available in two forms:
- Granules do not change color on absorption of CO2
- Granules Change color on absorption of CO2
- Indicating Type Akrosorb Soda Lime is available in 2 forms:
- Pink to White on CO2 absorption
- White to Violet on CO2 absorption.
Partical Shape and Size:
- Particle size and shape are particularly important in terms of the performance of Soda lime in its intended application. All Akrosorb Soda Lime grades ensure low dust and excellent attrition resistance.
- Akrosorb Granules is available in Irregular Pebble Shape, D-Shaped, Cylindrical Shape, Circle Shaped Granules