– Needle Length: 23mm
– Suture Length: 35 cm
– Colour: Violet
– Suture Type: Synthetic Braided
– Absorption Profile: Absorbable: 56 – 70 Days (Average 63 Days)
– Suture Diameter: USP 1
– Suture Material: Polyglactin 910
– Coating: IRGACARE MP – Triclosan (Antibacterial)
– Tensile Strength: 75% retention at 14 days, 50% retention at 21 days, 25% retention at 28 days
– The coated Vicryl Plus Suture is indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/ or ligation, except for ophthalmic, cardiovascular and neurological tissues.
– It offers benefits in a range of surgical applications including:
– Predictable breaking strength retention (BSR) profile to provide support for 14 to 28 days while tissues heal
– Provides protection against colonization of the suture by bacteria commonly associated with SSIs, including Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis (MRSE)
– Its multifilament design provides greater pliability than monofilament sutures and unsurpassed knot security
– Proprietary suture coating lowers tissue drag compared with standard braided sutures and ensures easy knot sliding and knot positioning
– Hydrolytic process elicits only a slight tissue reaction during absorption.