– Low insertion force: Provides controlled and predictable entry
– Abdominal wall retention: Integrated thread design on bladeless, universal sleeve and dilating tip cannulas helps minimize trocar slip-outs
– Low drag force: Housing and seal are designed to reduce instrument hang-ups and to provide low instrument insertion/extraction forces
– Direct visualization: Bladeless tip trocar allows for endoscopic optical entry
– Designed for the camera port, the ENDOPATH XCEL Trocar with OPTIVIEW Technology is the only trocar that reduces smudging of the endoscope upon reinsertion by wiping, wicking and absorbing fluid that can build up inside the trocar housing
– Reduced smudging means fewer procedural disruptions. The repeated smudging of the endoscope lens that occurs when it is reinserted into a trocar (after just being cleaned) is a common frustration among surgeons. Smudging upon endoscope reinsertion: necessitates frequent re-wiping, may disrupt procedural flow and may lead to surgeon distractions.
– The ENDOPATH XCEL Trocar with OPTIVIEW Technology is a sterile single patient use instrument consisting of a radiolucent sleeve and bladeless obturator in sizes 5 mm and 12 mm diameter
– The bladeless obturator contains a clear, tapered optical element
– The 5 mm and 12 mm diameter bladeless obturators accommodate an appropriately sized 0º endoscope and provide visibility of individual tissue layers during insertion
– OPTIVIEW Technology keeps bodily fluids away from the camera during reinsertion to offer smudge mitigation during camera reinsertion, to minimize interruptions, and to preserve procedural flow. Proprietary technology wipes bodily fluid and debris from the endoscope shaft as it is removed from the trocar. The fluid is drawn into the absorbent material before it has a chance to enter the trocar seal, so it can’t interfere with the endoscope lens upon reinsertion.