– The Proximate Linear Cutter has a unique CAM mechanism which pushes the distal tip downwards when firing begins. This allows for uniformed pressure & ensures a consistent staple line.
– It is a sterile, single-patient-use instrument that simultaneously staples and divides tissue
– The instrument delivers two rows of staggered staples on each side of the cut line, and has applications in gastrointestinal, gynecologic, thoracic, and pediatric surgery for transection, resection, and creation of anastomoses
– The safety lockout feature prevents firing of used particles.
– The tissue retaining button assists with setting the height for closed staples which prevents tissue slippage.
– The PROXIMATE Linear Cutter has 51% fewer malformed staples than DST Series GIA in thick tissue
– The instrument can be reloaded seven times for a maximum of eight total firings
– 4 different cartridges are available to cover a variety of tissue thicknesses
– White cartridges are meant for thin tissues. Closed staple height: 1 mm. Open staple height: 2.6 mm
– Blue cartridges are meant for regular tissues. Closed staple height: 1.5 mm. Open staple height: 3.8 mm
– Gold cartridges for regular & thick tissues. Closed staple height: 1.8 mm. Open staple height: 4.2 mm
– Green cartridges are meant for thick tissues. Closed staple height: 2 mm. Open staple height: 4.5 mm
– The staple line & cut line lengths are as follows:
– 55 mm: Cut line length 53 mm Staple line length 57 mm. No. of staples is 56 & maximum firings are 8
– 75 mm: Cut line length 73 mm Staple line length 77 mm. No. of staples is 76 & maximum firings are 8
– 100 mm: Cut line length 98 mm Staple line length 102 mm. No. of staples is 100 & maximum firings are 8
– Every cutter comes with 1 Cartridge
– Indicated procedures: Colorectal, Gastric, General, Thoracic