The RHEMOS TeleHealth monitor is India’s first portable, connected medical device that measures 7 vitals through self-administrated tests and transmits the readings wirelessly to a Smartphone & to the cloud for doctors to view the readings remotely. The design of the health monitor provides “contact-less” testing by ensuring that there is no medical supervision required during the health tests and eliminates all contact between patients & medical assistants to ensure complete safety for all concerned.
Some the issues facing the healthcare industry today are:
- Increased demand for home healthcare
- Patients with high risk conditions, unable to visit hospitals for regular check-ups due to travel restrictions and high risk of infection
- Shortage of skilled medical workers
- Difficult to check & monitor hundreds of patients
- High infection risks for medical workers
- Need ‘Contact-less’ health monitoring options
The RHEMOS multifunction TeleHealth monitor provides immediate solutions to all these issues: It measures 7 vitals:
- Blood pressure & Heart rate
- ECG & Respiratory rate
- Blood glucose
- Blood oxygen
- Body temperature. It connects to your Smartphone App via Bluetooth & collects & displays all health parameters on Smartphone. The readings are shown with “High/Normal/Low” alerts and can be instantly accessed by Doctor remotely through cloud. It also displays historical data in the form of color coded trends, for reference & analysis. It is 7 X 7cm in size and is completely portable. It works on battery & Bluetooth, which allows it to work anywhere – including in remote rural areas. The RHEMOS Health monitor also connects directly to remote EMR / EHR systems through its software to provide seamless integration features. Last nut not least, it works with medical Grade accuracy certified by CE Medical & ISO 13485.
- In a hospital or for homecare, a Medical assistant carries only 1 RHEM OS unit (7cmX7cm, 40gms) to the to conduct all tests. Current process requires 6 different machines need to be carried to each patient. All 6 machines need to be disinfected for the next patient.
- RHEMOS completes all tests in 4 minutes per patient as against 30+ minutes per patient using manual methods (includes disinfecting all the machines after the test).
- RHEMOS requires a low cost resource with minimal training to carry the device to each patient in a ward or to their homes. This saves a significant amount of time & money on qualified medical resources. Current methods require a fully trained nurse or medical assistant to physically administer all the tests.
- All readings are automatically uploaded to the cloud. No human intervention & no margin for error. Manual methods require all readings to be taken manually and entered into an App – which is prone to human error & fraud.
- RHEMOS is designed for patients to self-administer tests, for contact-less testing, which eliminates infection risks. Manual methods requires the nurse administering the tests to be in close contact with the patient throughout the test process which is risky for all concerned.
- Doctors can be located remotely and see all results instantly on the App
- A single RHEMOS device can visit 20-25 patients / day in their homes. Current processes allow maximum of 4-5 home visits for a doctor per day.
- Readings shown with qualifiers as “High/Low/Normal” with visual warnings of spikes or dips to sets of red flags and quickly alert Doctors & prioritize patient care.
- RHEMOS data can be seamlessly channeled to EMR systems to provide single window view into patient records
- Access to a built-in analytics engine to generate health insights, which can be provided to patients on a monthly subscription basis
- RHEMOS can be provided to patients for post-op care which allows doctors to keep a remote watch on the patients vitals while the patient is at home. Generates tremendous goodwill and confidence in the patient
- In a hospital, RHEMOS can conduct all 7 tests for 100+ patients each day. That works out to 700 tests a day, 21000 tests a month and over 240,000 tests a year. Even @Rs.100/test, RHEMOS has the potential to bill Rs. 2.4 Crores/year
- For homecare, each RHEMOS can cater to 20-25 patients in 10 hours. A billing of Rs. 500 per patient provides Rs. 12,500 revenue per day per RHEMOS device.