GE Logiq S8 With XDClear Dimensions and Weight:
• Height: 1,150mm, 45.3 inch (Minimum), 1,720mm, 67.7 inch (Max.)
• Width: 620mm, 24.4 inch (Caster), 500mm, 19.7inch (Keyboard)
• Depth: 880mm, 34.6 inch (Max.), 790mm, 31.1inch (Caster)
• Weight: 85 kg (187.4 lb.)
GE Logiq S8 With XDClear Specifications:
• Digital beamformer
• Displayed Imaging Depth: 0 – 33 cm
• Minimum Depth of Field: 0 – 2 cm (Zoom) (probe dependent)
• Maximum Depth of Field: 0 – 33 cm (probe dependent)
• Continuous dynamic receive focus/continuous dynamic receive aperture
GE Logiq S8 With XDClear Electrical power:
• Voltage:100-120 Vac or 220-240 Vac
• Frequency: 50/60 Hz
• Power: Consumption maximum of 900 VA with peripherals
GE Logiq S8 XDClear Review:
The GE Logiq S8 with XDclear, as with its younger brother, the Logiq S7 with XDClear, was developed based on GE’s advanced ultrasound S-Agile Architecture. With revision 3.0, the accuracy and reliability of the S8 has reached a whole new level, thanks to GE’s single crystal XDclear transducers such as the C1-6-D, the C2-9-D, and the C3-10-D. Ultrasound operators can enjoy premium image resolution, penetration, and wide bandwidths that were only supported by the GE Logiq E9 before.
The GE Logiq S8 with XDclear is one of the great high-end ultrasound options because of its solid probe line-up, and its rich premium-grade features such as Cardiac Automated Function Imaging (Cardiac AFI), Shear Wave Elastography, and single crystal transducer technology. However, the price point of the GE Logiq S8 with XDclear is still a bit high compared to similar systems from Philips Affiniti 70 and Affiniti 50.
GE Logiq S8 XDClear Probes/Transducers:
Convex Probe C1-6-D [1-6 MHz]
Convex Probe C2-9-D [2-9 MHz]
Convex Probe C3-10-D [2-11 MHz]
GE Logiq S8 XDClear Features:
• High resolution 23″ wide LCD monitor
• High resolution 9.0″ wide LCD touch screen
• 4 active probe ports and 1 parking probe port
• Integrated HDD
• Integrated DVD Multi Drive
• Integrated speakers
• Locking mechanism that provides rolling lock and caster swivel lock
• Integrated cable management
• Front and rear handles
• Easily removable air filters
• Automatic Optimization
• Speckle Reduction Imaging (SRI-HD)
• Fine Angle Steer
• Coded Harmonic Imaging
• Virtual Convex
• Patient information database
• Image Archive integrated on CD/DVD and Hard Drive
• Real-time automatic Doppler calcs
• OB Calcs
• Fetal Trending
• Multi gestational Calcs
• Hip Dysplasia Calcs
• Gynecological Calcs
• Vascular Calcs
• Urological Calcs
• Renal Calcs
• Cardiac Calcs
• inSite ExC Capability
• On-board electronic documentation
• Advanced 3D
• Raw Data Analysis
GE Logiq S8 with XDClear Peripheral Options:
• Sony Digital UP-D711 Termal Printer
• Sony Fixture Kit for Digital UP-D711 Thermal Printer
• Sony Digital UP-D25 Color Thermal Printer
• Sony Digital UP-D897 BW Thermal Printer
• Mitsubishi P93W/E Thermal Printer
• Mitsubishi P95DW Thermal Printer
• Printer installation kit
• External USB printer connection
• Wireless LAN
• DVI-D output available for compatible devices
• Footswitch with programmable functionality
• Universal Video Converter
• Power Assistant
• Battery Pack (for Power Assistant)
• Isolation Transformer
• Isolated 1Gb Ethernet connection
• Isolated USB connector
• EMI filter (PWR supply noise filter)
• RS-DLP Probe Adapter for TEE Probe
• Small Probe Holder (Probe Holder Adapter for Small Probe)
• Multi Purpose Holder (Vertical Endocavitary Probe Holder)
• Optional Probe Holder (Side Probe Holder)
• Probe cable hanger
• ECG + AHA/IEC® Cables
• USB 3 Pedal Foot Switch
GE Logiq S8 with XDClear Supplies:
• Aquasonic ultrasound gel
• Sono ultrasound wipes
• Sony UPP-110HG thermal printing paper
• Sony UPC-21L color thermal printing pack
• Mitsubishi KP95HG thermal roll paper (new)
• Mitsubishi KP65HM-CE High density thermal paper
GE Logiq S8 with XDClear ports:
• USB 2.0 x 5 ports
• DVI-D signal with HDMI connector
GE Logiq S8 with XDClear image storage:
• On-board database of patient information from past exams
• Storage Formats:
• DICOM – compressed/ uncompressed, single/ multiframe, with/ without Raw Data
• Export JPEG,JPEG2000, WMV (MPEG 4), and AVI formats
• Storage Devices:
– USB Flash Device: 64MB to 64GB (for exporting individual images/clips)
– CD-R storage: 700MB
– DVD storage: R (4.7GB)
– Hard Drive Image Storage: ~300GB
– Compare previous exam images with current exam images
– Reload of archived data sets
– Network Storage support for Import, Export, DICOM Read, SaveAs, SaveAs
GE Logiq S8 with XDClear Options:
• Auto EF
• Cardiac Automated Function Imaging (Cardiac AFI)
• Auto IMT
• Automated Volume Calculation (VOCAL II)
• B-Flow/B-Flow Color
• Breast Measure Assistant
• Breast Productivity Package
• Coded Contrast Imaging
• Compare Assistant
• CW Doppler
• DICOM 3.0 connectivity
• Elastography Quantification
• Needle Tracking
• OB Measure Assistant
• Parametric Imaging
• Power Assistant
• Quantitative Flow Analysis
• Real-Time 4D
• Report Writer
• Scan Assistant
• Shear Wave Elastography
• Strain Elastography
• Stress Echo
• Thyroid Productivity Package
• Tissue Velocity Imaging (TVI)
• Tomographic Ultrasound Imaging
• Volume Contrast Imaging (VCI) Static
• Volume Navigat
GE Logiq S8 with XDClear Applications:
• Small parts
• Pediatric and Neonetal
GE Logiq S8 with XDClear FAQs:
• Auto Optimization is a one-touch image optimization function that a user uses to optimize the image, based on the actual B-mode image or Pulse wave Doppler data. The function works based on preset levels (Low, Medium, and High) and allows users to pick a preference for the contrast enhancement in the resulting image. Low does the least amount of contrast enhancement, high does the most. Auto Optimization is available in single or multi image, on live, frozen or CINE images (in B-Mode only), while in zoom, and in Spectral Doppler. Auto Optimization in PW Doppler Mode optimizes the spectral data. Auto adjusts the Velocity Scale (live imaging only), baseline shift, dynamic range, and invert (if preset). Upon deactivation, the spectrum is still optimized.
• SRI (Speckle Reduction Imaging) reduces speckle noise in the images, which affect the edges and fine details that limit the contrast resolution and make the diagnostic more difficult.
• CrossBeam (Spatial Compounding Imaging) obtains real time sonographic information from several different angles of insonation, and combines them to produce a single image. CrossBeam helps reduce speckle artifacts, enhance mass margin delineation, and improve anatomical details.
• Coded Harmonic Imaging (CHI) utilizes Digitally Encoded Ultrasound (DEU). Harmonics enhances near field resolution for improved small parts imaging. Harmonics diminishes low frequency high amplitude noise and improves imaging for technically difficult patients. Harmonics may be especially beneficial when imaging isoechoic lesions in shallow-depth anatomy in the breast, liver, and hard-to-visualize fetal anatomy. Harmonics may improve B-Mode image quality without introducing a contrast agent.
• Virtual Convex is available on linear and Sector probes. Virtual Convex provides a larger field of view in the far field. Virtual Convex is always active with sector probes.
• Raw Data is a software tool that enables image processing, quick data re-acquisition, and image analysis with same resolution and same frame rates of original images. Raw Data shortens exam duration, improves clinical workflow by post-processing, and reduces a time to put the probe on a patient.
• Battery Pack is an optional power supply. The battery maintains the system’s power when there is an AC power failure or when the power cable is unplugged. Also, this helps maintain the system’s power when it needs to be.
• LogiqView (Panoramic Imaging) enables a transducer to be moved along a larger organ, stitching multiple images together to form one long image with an extremely wide field of view.
• Auto IMT automates measurement of intima-media thickness of vessels. Auto IMT helps keep track of atherosclerosis diseases from the early stage as it is developed.
• B Steer simply slants B-mode or Color Flow linear images left or right to get more information without moving the probe. This enables enhanced needle visualization in real time for needle guidance procedures. The angle steer function only applies to linear probes.
• B-Flow utilizes gray scale imaging to visualize a blood flow with different gray intensities according to the reflectors speed and hemodynamics. B-Flow is less dependent on the user or scanning angle, while Color Doppler is heavily dependent on the scanning angle. It also provides higher frame rate and spatial resolution than Color Flow. B-Flow may help visualize vessel-wall irregularities, kidney perfusion, liver and spleen vasculature, and bladder reflux or jets.
• STIC (Spatio – Temporal Image Correlation) imaging presents the heart beating in a multi-planar display while also preserving spatial and temporal relationships of fetal heart. STIC imaging supports captures in grayscale, 3D color, CPA, and directional CPA. The user configures acquisition time, and the function is available on V6-2 volume transducer.
• Anatomical M-Mode helps improve accuracy of arrhythmia assessments and cardiac measurements. It enables to provide M Mode images truly perpendicular to ventricular septum.
• Auto EF is the function that automatically measures LV ejection fraction. Along with the Automated Function Imaging (AFI) feature, Auto EF maximizes time efficiency by the reproducible quantitative output that increases the physician’s diagnostic confidence.
• Automated Function Imaging (AFI) is a decision support tool for regional and global assessment of the LV systolic function. AFI is a tool derived from 2D Strain, which calculates the myocardial tissue deformation based on feature tracking on 2D grey scale loops.
• Scan Assistant is the customable scanning assistant tool that enables a user to save scanning protocols of each lab that helps decrease key stokes from up to 60~70% of ordinary operations. With fewer user’s actions, an exam can be complete because a user does not need to move all around the console, and only requires one button to be pushed at most of the exams.
• Compare Assistant views past studies and current images together in real time via a split screen on the monitor.
• Quantitative Flow Analysis helps quantify and evaluate the blood flow to assist with diagnosis and monitoring within a region of interest.
• Strain Elastography is a non-invasive diagnostic technique that displays the relative elasticity of tissue stiffness compared to the surrounding tissue by a real-time color map that is superimposed on conventional gray scale image. Most malignant lesions have a harder or stiffer consistency than the surrounding benign tissue. This change in stiffness can also be present in chronic or inflammatory diseases. To displace the underlying anatomical structures, Strain Elastography requires manual palpation by the user, or compression or decompression of the target produced by the patient respiration. It can be an efficient tool to improve biopsy targeting and imaging, evaluate breast and testicular lesions, and perform a quick monitoring and follow up of interventional procedures. It can also provide additional information to increase diagnostic confidence for musculoskeletal diseases such as tendinopathies, tendinosis, synovial hypertrophy, or tears.
• Swear Wave Elastography on the LOGIQ E9 allows the user to visualize the tissue stiffness as a color-coded map in a 2D region of interest, as well as provide the user with a quantitative measurement. The LOGIQ E9 C1-6-D and C1-6VN-D probes are optimized for liver Shear Wave elastography. Recently launched XDClear 2.0 supports Breast Swear Wave elastography with ML6-15-D. It is a tool for noninvasive quantification of tissue stiffness and has the potential to be useful in the diagnosis, staging, and management of diseases associated with changes in tissue elasticity.